Past the gates, winding up the driveway, you get a sense of the seemingly endless land encircling this brick manor home and finally you realize why this is called the Garden State. The 128 acres are home to heirloom trees and sculpted gardens contained by a stone wall, as well as a pond offering Heaven-on-Earth views from southerly windows. It s hard to fathom that the scene is a mere 55 miles from NYC and even less from Philly. Or catch the train, just 10 miles away. The sprawling home and outbuildings, all capped with slate, have custom spaces devoted to every leisurely pursuit from wellness to wine collecting. Rooms are invitingly scaled, eleven of them with masonry fireplaces. A mahogany library with upper gallery is among the more intimate spaces, while the lower level s cherry bar and theater are meant to be enjoyed with guests, as is the airy pool house complete with a fireplace, kitchen, full bath and views of an infinity-edge pool. Three of the large bedrooms open to balconies and all have en suite bathrooms. An apartment and 3-bedroom carriage house offer additional lodging. There are tennis and basketball courts and 7 garages. Imagine being able to offer 128 acres (and all the accompanying amenities) as the ultimate weekend escape to loved ones near and far.If farmland assessment is not continued the buyer will be responsible for roll back taxes.
Single Family, Single Family-Detached, Colonial
8 Full/4 Half
Yes - 4 spaces
Not On List
Detailed Room Information
- Family Room, Kitchen, Laundry Room, Living Room, Sitting Room, Exercise Room, Foyer, Office, Library, Media, Utility Room, Florida Room, Breakfast Room, Attic
- Dining Area, Formal
- Butler Pantry, Eat-In Kitchen, Island
- Bath Description
- Stall Shower
- Microwave, Range/Oven Built-in, Range-Oven, Cook Top Range, Dishwasher, Dryer, Gas Dryer, Freezer, Ice Maker, Double Oven, Self-Cleaning Oven, Wall Oven, Gas Range/Cooktop, Refrigerator, Six Burner Range, Washer, Central Vacuum
- Central Air, Gas, Ceiling Fan(s)
- Gas Heat. Radiant, Central.
- Full, Heated, Entrance Outside, Partially Finished, Walkout
- Bay Window(s), Double Pane, Insulated, Wood Frame
- 12. Brick, Gas Burning, Mantle, Marble.
- 2+ Access Exits J, Elevator, Entry Level Bedroom.
- Additional Interior Features
- Air Filter, Bar, Breakfast Area, Built-Ins, Cedar Closet, Chair Rail, Crown Molding, Curved Stair, Elevator, Recessed Lights, Sauna, Sprinkler System, Walk-in Closets, wine storage, Wood Floors, Attic Storage
Exterior / Lot Features
- 4 Garage Spaces.
- Balcony, Breezeway, Brick, Deck, Enclosed, Patio, Porch, Roof Deck, Screened-in, Wrap-around Porch
- Lawn Sprinkler, Undergound Lawn Sprinkler
- Slate, Copper
- Pool Description
- In-ground, Filtered
- Lot View
- Panoramic, Scenic, Trees/Woods, Pond
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Grill - Outdoors, Exterior Lighting, Flood Lights, Out Building, Sport Court, Sidewalks, Tennis Court, Waterfall.
Active Market Trends
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price